**Description:** Professional Development/Accountability: Professional development and accountability to include knowledge-based competencies related to: Nursing Process: Nursing Process: CB *hec* am
Directs, delegates, performs and evaluates nursing care which is developmental and age specific for the population served. Coordinates, supervises, directs and evaluates others providing care in a manner consistent with the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act and in support of the mission of Good Samaritan Hospital.
Assumes personal responsibility for professional development, practice, and education. Maintains a professional and safe work environment.
o Abuse and neglect
o Standard precautions and infection control
o Pain management
o Patient safety
o Restraints and seclusion
o Emergency preparedness
o Assesses patient and family needs. Incorporates standards of care and nursing diagnosis to include both observation and body system assessment.
o Uses the nursing process to provide continuum of care based on observation and documentation.
o Collaborates with patient, family, multidisciplinary team, in assessing care needs.
o Collaborates with patient, family, and multidisciplinary team to plan age specific care across the continuum.
o Includes problem solving, planning for care, and education as needed to prevent adverse outcomes.
* Evaluates patient/family response to care, education and multidisciplinary interventions.
* Evaluates progress toward defined goals/outcomes, and revises goals/interventions as needed.
Problem Solving/Anticipates Needs:
* Responds to changes in patient condition utilizing accepted principles of nursing practice.
* Follows up on internal customer concerns according to policy and utilizing best practice.
* Provides care and services in a manner that strives for ongoing process improvement.
* Promotes patient and family involvement.
Patient/Family Centered Care:
* Care Plan Development
* Patient Satisfaction
* Participates in and supports the cultural needs of the patient and family.
Healthcare Team Partnerships:
* Works closely and successfully with other disciplines and team members including physicians
* Promotes a healthy working environment
Nursing Process: Mission/Values:
* Behaviors and Behavior Contract
* Patient Satisfaction
* Adheres to confidentiality standards consistent with HIPAA
Nursing Process: Stewardship:
* Performs value-added activities that contribute to good stewardship of resources including supplies and staff
Nursing Process: Other Related Duties:
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
* Graduation required from a school of Registered Nursing acknowledged by the State of Nebraska Department of Human Services, Division of Regulation & Licensure.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of hire date/effective date for all hired into this role after June 1, 2014.
* No previous RN experience required.
* Previous RN experience preferred.
* Previous acute care RN experience preferred. .
* Active Nebraska (or multi-state compact) Registered Nurse license required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within three months of employment.
**Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
**Adheres to and exhibits our core values:
*Reverence*: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
**Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
**Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
**Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
**Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers.
** Medical/Surgical Services
**Primary Location:** NEBRASKA-KEARNEY-GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL
**Shift:** 6:00pm - 6:3.
**Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period:
**Weekends Required:** Occasional
**Req ID:** 1500013515
Professional development and accountability to include knowledge-based competencies related to: